- Avoid wearing makeup for 24 hours following your treatment
- Avoid touching your treated area directly after treatment
- Avoid strenuous exerciser 24 hours following your treatment
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty – No glasses for 2 weeks post treatment
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours following your treatment
- Avoid excessive sun exposure, saunas, sunbeams, steam rooms and facials for at least one week following your treatment
- Gently massage treated area with clean fingers to help filler settle (if advised by your practitioner)
- To help bruising/swelling, its recommended that you use a topical application of Arnica cream and a cold compression/ice pack.
- Antihistamines can also be taken to help swelling subside
- Please note that it can take up to 2 weeks for the treated area to fully settle and to see your true results
- If you’ve had an anti wrinkle treatment, please note free top up (if required) has to be carried out 2-3 weeks following your initial treatment
- Lip fillers – this is not your final result – Any injection causes an inflammatory response. This can easily cause disappointment over the following weeks because as the swelling subsides, the treatment area may look significantly less plump than it looked immediately after injection.
Many clients find they need two or three sessions to achieve your desired result.
Post-Treatment Care for the fat dissolving injection treatment
- Complete the recommended course of therapy. Remember that good results will usually require 2-4 treatments, ideally four weeks apart.
- Massage the treated area 5 minutes a day, 5 times a day for 5 days.
- Redness, a mild burning sensation, swelling and bruising may occur up to 5 days after on average.
- Tender lumps may be palpable for up to a month after treatment which is indicative of fat necrosis or fat cell death. It is normal for this to sometimes occur.
- There are no restrictions on exercise.
- Moderate alcohol consumption post treatment is acceptable.
- Some people experience some palpable lumps or unevenness after injectable Lipolysis/Mesotherapy. Massage (manual or a hand held massager) is helpful to increase circulation and smooth out any unevenness. This “lumping” will improve naturally over time.
- Extended bruising or brown discoloration in the area treated can occur. This will settle with time.
- Some patients can have a slight reaction to the compounds in this fat dissolving injection treatment. Some redness and itching similar to that experienced with hives can occur and is not a reason for concern. This usually lasts two to three days and can be treated with an antihistamine and a topical hydrocortisone cream, both available over the counter at your pharmacy if required. If however, blisters, sores, oozing, fever or chills develop – this is NOT normal and review is required at our office. Please call 07766162218 if you have any concerns.
- Cosmetic improvement takes approximately one month to begin and final results may not be seen for up to one year after treatment.
- This fat dissolving injection treatment does not work on about 5% of patients.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concerns following your treatment.